www.oldpulsars.com Forum Index www.oldpulsars.com
Time Computer LED watches (Pulsar, Omega, Hamilton)

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Changed magnet holders?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kwakkers
Level 2
Level 2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Changed magnet holders? Reply with quote

Hi, Having now checked my P2, P3 and P4's against much of the info on this marvelous site I'm quite happy. All boxes and papers appear to match and nothing appears restored, although I've not taken the backs off yet. Will save this for a battery change.

My P2 is SS Tiffany & Co. '73. I have the SS Bracelet and a Pulsar branded strap. Strap has folding out SS clasp. Is this original? It looks too new to me. It also has G1 magnet in G2 holder, which is according to the article on this site is possible, but holder is gold color in SS bracelet. Is this possible or has someone replaced the original? Whilst it is a moving part it doesn't strike me as delicate.

My P3 '76 (date command) is gold filled, with a G3 magnet in a rectangular holder, which is SS. Is this right? It's the exact opposite of my P2.

Finally my P4 (Executive) 8/76 with 12 hour module is also gold filled and according to papers was first sold 6/27/77. Guess it sat in the jewelers for a while. Were 12 hour modules fitted this late in production?

Thanks in anticipation. I'll save a post re calculators for a week or so.
oldpulsars
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news- bad news. The holders on your P2 and P3 bracelets are not correct, they should be of matching material. The good news is, you just need to swap them. Everything else sounds fine.

As for the P4, you'll find information on the main oldpulsars.com website under the "History" section that details the timeline of the Pulsar. Here's the direct link: http://www.oldpulsars.com/Hamilton-TCI.htm

In short, Time Computer, Inc. sold Pulsar to Rhapsody in July of 1977. Sales of Pulsar watches continued for another year under the new ownership as well. The 406, 24-hour module was developed to market to countries that utilize the 24-hr format and the US military. The Executive model was the only Pulsar intended to house the 406 module. It would be plausible that it would still be available on any continent on the planet in 1977. Because a dealer purchased his inventory, he may have had a Pulsar or two to sell for many years thereafter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.oldpulsars.com Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: